Having had dark under eye circles, I can understand how you might feel. I thought for a long time that it had to do with my lifestyle, i.e, not getting enough sleep, among other things, until I researched it further. Dark under eye circles are natural and caused by broken down hemoglobin. The fact that the skin around the eyes is so thin and translucent; the capillaries are closer to surface of the epidermis, results in the dark under eye circles.

What can you do about Dark Under Eye Circles:

Naturally, you can use cucumber. It will lighten the skin. And it works. It may not be guaranteed to remove all the circle, but it will help. Cucumber will also relieve tired eyes.

Tea bags work great on puffy eyes; the caffeine reduces the amount of water in the tissue around the eyes. Bonus: tea is a great antioxidant. I would recommend chamomile tea because it is an anti-inflammatory which would remove the puffiness and swelling around your eyes.

Honestly, I have used both and can recommend them, each for its own benefits; I use the cucumber for the dark under eye circles and the tea bags for puffiness.

There are other routes to take in battling your dark under eye circles which I will share with you in another post. Stay tuned.

0 comments